Open Call for Phonography Austin 2018 annual report compilation
Phonography Austin, an organization dedicated to the exploration of field recording and acoustic ecology, is conducting an open call to Austin-based field recordists for submissions to its 2018 annual report compilation. We are seeking incidental recordings of spaces, events, happenings, stases, objects, people and the multifarious fields found anywhere from here in Central Texas to across the globe.
- Recordists/artists must be based primarily in Austin, Texas (i.e., must live in Austin six months and one day out of the year).
- Submitted field recordings must be recorded within the 2018 calendar year by the person making the submission. Only original recordings will be accepted.
- Field recordings must be unprocessed. Limited EQ adjustments and cuts for start and end points are permitted.
- Recordings submitted should not exceed 15 minutes.
- Recordings of your band or friend’s band DO NOT qualify as field recordings. Please submit only incidental recordings of the world that surrounds us.
- You may submit recordings under your legal or chosen name or any pseudonym you may commonly use, but please do not submit using a band or musical project name.
Deadline for submissions: Monday, November 5, at 5 p.m. Central.
The Phonography Austin 2018 Annual Report compilation will be a digital-only release through Bandcamp and will be free of charge to anyone who wishes to download it. As such, we unfortunately cannot compensate artists who submit. However, we invite those who are interested to join us for the 2018 Annual Report showcase (likely December 8, but still TBD), which will include presentations of field recordings by individual artists and a collaborative performance. If you are interested in being considered for participation in the showcase, please email email@example.com.
To submit a field recording for this year’s compilation, please complete the following Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1UpgqT9ogyvNEpY9LAcYcyu-r-CGLW7PTCnZQrlj3owg/viewform?edit_requested=true. You may also email all required information (see fields in the Google Form) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing how you’ve heard the world.